Thursday, August 11, 2011

Whatcha doing this weekend?

This weekend I have big plans.

My daughter and her boyfriend are coming to visit and I am making sauce (or gravy to those in the know). I'm a little nervous because he is from an Italian family and you know how that goes, no one makes sauce as good as your own Italian Mama.

On Saturday I am attending 2 events at The Berry Patch Fabrics in Fort Worth, Texas. At 1:00 is Quilt Sitters. Miss Gail shares a quilting technique with us and shows us some of her wonderful quilts that she has made. I think she has made over 400 quilts so far and each one is more beautiful than the last. Then we have show and share, who doesn't love people oohing and aahhing over their quilts? This month I am bringing my Jelly Race quilt to show.

After that and a bite to eat (there's a 5 Guys, Jersey Mikes Subs and a Pizza Inn right behind the store) starts Sit and Sew. We bring out our machines and sew. Its great fun to have others around to sew with. Of course Gail is there to help us in any way she can. This week for instance I am bringing my quilt in a day quilt and will be putting borders on it. I need some help squaring up my borders, so Gail will be helping me with that. By the way I am using the blue fabric for the borders (thanks to all my followers and twitter friends for helping me decide). Honestly the main reason I'm using the blue is that is what I bought for the borders already and I would rather not have to buy any more.



The reason this weekend is going to be so exciting for me is that I am getting my new machine! I have chosen a Bernina 630 and can hardly wait to use it! I will be trading in my Bernina 210, which makes me sad, but I am sure it will find a good home very soon. If you are in North Texas and are looking for a new machine or someone to service your Bernina, remember to check out The Berry Patch. Their prices are very competitive and their service top notch!


So whatcha got planned for yourself this weekend? I'd love to know!

And don't for get to come back tomorrow for the next big announcement!

Sha :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a busy but fulfilled weekend! Can't wait to seevall the stuff you'll do with your new machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new machine looks amazing! How exciting for you! Sounds like a fun weekend ahead of you!

    We are heading to the beach, so that is going to be lots of fun! It will go by too fast, but we will enjoy it while it lasts!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way! Good luck on the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, a new machine and company. Wahoo! I also learned it to be spaghetti gravy. People look at me as if I am daft when I say that.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)