Friday, August 12, 2011

Fabric Of The Month Series

Have you seen the Designer Select Fat Quarter Club at the Fat Quarter Shop?
All of our favorite designers are making a fat quarter set out of 12 of their favorite fabrics and 3 solids. It's a great way to make sure you get these new lines when they first come out.

That's what this new series is all about. Each month I will select a Designer Select FQ Kit and will make something from it. I'll share tutorial on different techniques used in the selected project, as well as have guest bloggers show what they are doing with their fabric from the designer of the month. I invite you to quilt-along with the project of the month or just share what you have made with that fabric.

Now for the fun news...there will be prizes! I can't spill the beans yet, but they will be announced on Monday, all I can say is that you will absolutely love love love them!

Here's the first fat quarter kit...                                 and the first pattern...


Don't you think this will be a gorgeous quilt? I have wanted to do this pattern for a long time and I think this is the perfect fabric for it. I ordered 2 yards of white for the background and 2 yards of the light jade solid for the border. With how fast the Fat Quarter Shop ships orders there's plenty of time to order your fabric and pattern too.

And if you are interested in being a guest blogger this month please let me know, I'd love to have you along!

So what do you think? Are you in?

Sha :)

11 comments:

  1. That collection is soooo beautiful!! Jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sha! That will be gorgeous!! Love that fabric and the pattern will compliment the colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW Sha congratulations! I thought sure you were going to tell us you were expecting (snicker) What a great deal you got working for you. You make me proud to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing this quilt made up. I think it will be gorgeous! And a new combo each month -- sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really neat,I would love to be a guest blogger,but I am still adding more inventory to my shop currently. Trying to get that stocked well first.

    You get to work with Tula Pink fabric--too cool Sha! So FQS provides the fabric--no can't be! he,he

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That quilt is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to show my little prince charming quilt soon. Hope to finish it up today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabrics are beautiful, and the pattern is perfect for them. It really should be a fun quilt to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea!! i look forward to checking out what you do each time, and yes i think this will be a delish quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've decided this will be my next fabric purchase. Loving this fabric!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)