Monday, August 1, 2011

Jelly Race Quilt Done!

In May Shawna at 1 Choice for Quilting hosted a Jelly Roll Race Quilt-a-long. I had a jelly roll of Daisies and Dots that I had been saving and this was the perfect opportunity to use the entire jelly roll. It was such an easy quilt, its a definite go to for those last minute quilts.

Here's my finished quilt. I decided to hand quilt rows of running stitches using pearl cotton in different colors. It was a great learning experience on hand quilting. I plan on hand quilting more quilts in the future.


So that's 1 more finished, only 5 more to go. I'm not going to finish anymore quilts until I get my Bernina 440QE, which should be within the next week are so. 

Sha :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors in that jelly roll! I think I'm going to join the strips on the diagonal on my next jelly roll race quilt - the first two were just done on straight lines. Love how quick and easy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excllent. Love the idea of practising hand quilting with this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win of the baby go and finishing your jelly roll race quilt! I live the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the colors in that jelly roll! Great job on the hand quilting too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)