Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Down, Two To Go!

Here's one of my favorite pics of my kids (from left to right; Meagan, Bryan and Tyler) . It was taken many years ago at Disney World in Florida. As you can see they had just visited with a balloon artist. What makes me love this pic is that they all are so happy. Everytime I see this pic it gives me the warm fuzzies!


Fast forward to the present day. Here's my kids now, well a few years ago when Tyler (my baby) graduated from High School (from left to right; Tyler, Meagan and Bryan). They are all doing their college hand signs, but we really don't know what the hand sign for a blue jay is so he improvised. This is another one of favorite pics for the same reason, seeing them happy makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. I don't know about you, but my world is all about being happy and making those I love happy too.


One of the best things to happen lately is that Bryan graduated college, with a masters in molecular pathology! He is now out on his own and totally off the payroll! (Yes I used 2 exclamation points). Did you hear that door creaking a bit? Thats the bank of Daddy closing its door slowly since one of the kids account with that specific bank is now closed. But the best thing as a Mom is seeing the kids grow into these wonderful young adults.

Back to the pic...who can guess what school each of my kids goes to just by their hand signs? To me this hand sign thing is new. I was the flaming arrows in high school (Go Sachem!) and don't remember any kind of sign we made and in college we were the screaming eagles (Go SUNY Brockport), again I don't remember any signs for that. Although I bet there is one now. Do you remember your schools signs? I'd love to know if I'm the only one who can't remember those things :) Of course I might be since its my 30th high school reunion this weekend.

Sha :)

4 comments:

  1. I graduated college 3 years ago and don’t remember ever learning a hand sign, so it’s not just you!

    Of course, we were the Continentals… so maybe a hand sign of a three-corner hat would be kind of silly. Maybe the very creative made duel gun signs in honor of our namesake Alexander Hamilton’s penchant for getting shot in them…

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking group! You must be very proud! :) Just found your blog from SassyPacks and am following you now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smiles! I don't remember ever having a hand sign at my schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I love happy times and happy pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)