Sunday, July 31, 2011

Go! Baby and a Baby Quilt

Look what came for me on Friday!


I won this from Sew Inspired  and true to my word the first thing I used it for was to make 2.5" strips for a jelly race quilt. I ordered the 2.5" strip die, the diamond die and the Rose of Sharon die set.

Jeanne Gwin from The Learning Curve has been collecting items for the victims of the Joplin tornado. So my first project was to make a baby quilt for her cause. I had some left over Lily and Will 2, which I though was perfect for a baby quilt. I have to tell you that I wasn't sure how much I would use the 2.5" strip die, but I can honesty say that I will use it a lot!  Yes I could just cut strips with a rotary cutter, but this was so much easier and more accurate, not to mention more fun :).

Here's the quilt I made for Joplin. The fun part of this quilt pattern is that you never know how it will come out. I think this one looks like buildings on a street (crooked ones). I even tried a new way to do binding on a quilt and love it!. If you haven't done so yet you should check out Mauby's series on bindings. This was was so easy and the corners come out great!

So a big Thank you to Vicki at Sew Inspired and Accuquilt! The Go! Baby made today easier and fun at the same time!

Sha :)

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the shout out. :) That is one of my favorite ways to bind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with it! I love playing with the accuquilts at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sha I love it. I didn't know you won the accuquilt dealie. Congrats on that. Back to the quilt, did I tell you that I love it. I hope you put a label on it, please say you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won and I knew you were wanting one too!! Great!! Happy for ya Sha;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, how wonderful! The quilt looks like a large city shadowed in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I keep trying to win one, have fun!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)