Monday, July 18, 2011

Central Park Quilt Top

Have you ever had a design for a quilt in mind and when you were done it didn't quite look like you thought it would? Well that happened to me this weekend and I am still not sure what I think of this quilt top.

Once I decided on the pattern for the blocks I layed them out and it seemed a bit too busy for me. Plus I wanted it to be longer than it was.




So I decided to add white strips between the rows, but my mistake wasn't laying it all out to see the new effect before I started sewing. I just put a sash of white between the top 2 rows, which looked OK to me. Once it was done this is what I got. I am a very symmetrical person and how "off" the diagonals are is bothering me. Since I do not want to rip it all out this quilt top will stay as is, but with 2 borders added. I am going to add a thin white border to frame it and them a larger border of some central park fabric.

Please tell me that I am not the only one who has had this predicament.

Sha :)

6 comments:

  1. Awe! I didn't even notice your diagonals being off till you said something! I love it. Even with the sashing. What central park are you using for a border??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too Sharon. But, do finish it and put it aside for a bit. I find these quilts that you don't particularly like at the time become very important somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've just changed a straight and possibly uninteresting diagonal for a diagonal narrow zig-zag. You'll be able to enhance that even further if you quilt it with offset diagonal lines. :-)

    Or you can call it 'Broken Broken Dishes'. How about 'Staggering Through the Park'?

    I've got it! "Walk the White Line" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I had to go back and really look at it after reading the comments to see that the diagonals were off. I agree put it a side for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!! I didn't notice the diagonals were off either until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's beautiful, matching diagonals or not. You could call it "wonky diagonals"... LOL! Wonky seems to be all the buzz right now anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)