Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm getting a divorce from the Farmer

Like many of you I jumped on the Farmers Wife book with enthusiasm. I even collected a bunch of fat quarters in aqua and red for the project. So I set off to make a few blocks and after a while I started to dread making them. I just don't enjoy using templates and trying to figure out the correct size to cut the blocks with a ruler was taking way too much time so...

While I love reading the letters in the book, I will be leaving my Farmer behind. I am sure he will understand and will find a better wife, someone who really appreciates him and can make him happy. And I will cheer on all the wives who are still with their Farmer.

Sha :)

11 comments:

  1. Haha! Great post title -- and GOOD for you, setting it down since it's no longer fun. I tend to bulldog projects like that, and it's miserable. Find something fun to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if it will go on for ever at that. Good for you to know when to say no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not started on mine yet due to other projects. Now you can put those FQ's to something you will really like;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your break-up. I believe it's better to make a clean break when you realize that you are just not right for one another, rather than trying to hang on. It's best this way, no resentment, no crying yourself to sleep at night.

    And if you've already started flirting with a rebound project before you're completely recovered from the break-up? Well, I won't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just goes to show that just because it's popular doesn't mean it's best for u. Kiddie for knowing when to say "not for me". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not start that because of the templates. Yeah for you to quit while you are ahead,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I can understand that! I find the templates a bit of a nightmare and I'm not sure I want a full sized quilt out of the fabrics I chose. At the moment I'm thinking I'll go for a modest sized wall hanging. I wish you every happiness in your next quilting relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that farmer can't entice me...not now at least. It looked interesting to do, but I don't have time now.
    Anyway, I found your link through Lynne's flicker thread about new bloggers and thought I'd join you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have taken the decision after thorough thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was such a funny post! Evenly made 5 blocks but I'm paper piecing mine. I may have to leave this project behind as well!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)