Sunday, July 10, 2011

Project Linus Quilt...Become a Blanketeer today

Did you see the block I made for Project Linus? This is a great organization, here's their mission:
Project Linus is comprised of hundreds of local chapters and thousands of volunteers across the United States. Each volunteer and local chapter all work together to help us achieve our mission which is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."

Jan of Daisy Janie asked for volunteers to make a block for the Project Linus quilt she was making with 2 charm packs of her geo grand line and now I am steeling her idea and doing something similar :). Here's how it would work...

1. Each volunteer Blanketeer would make 2 'L' blocks from the tutorial I posted under Project Linus. They can be any color combination, all I ask is that the 'L' have white on the sides like mine did, this will make the 'L' really pop.
2. Mail the 2 blocks to me and I will put them together, quilt it and then send it off to Project Linus. The due date for the blocks will be August 15th. That gives us all a month to get these blocks done.
This is a great project that will help a child in need. If you are interested in joining post below and I will send more info your way.

Sha :)

5 comments:

  1. When are you hoping to get all the blocks by? If I can make them the last week of July, I’ll help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in, just let me know the details. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's not too late, I'd like to jump in. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)