Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting to know Quilt Dad Better

How did you like my little quiz? Was it easy or hard? How well do you really know Quilt Dad?

Here's the correct answers...

1. What was the first fabric you choose for your FQ kit?
I started with this print from the Prince Charming line by Tula Pink as my jumping-off point:
Prince Charming was about to be released when I made my selections, and I really wanted to include pieces of it in my bundle. I chose this print because it allowed me to go in many directions with my remaining selections, and it is from this print that I began going down the path of focusing on teals and greys.
I think this may surprise some people because, in the final bundle, it's one of the more recessive prints -- a supporting player, if you will, behind the strong tones of green and navy blue. I guess it just goes to show that you can start building a palette of prints and solids from anywhere -- you don't have to start with the most dominant fabric!

If you chose B then you got it right!

2. What is your favorite fabric or fabric line currently and why?
Wow, this is always such a tough question. Let's see ... I'm crushing hard on Melody Miller's newest line, Ruby Star SpringI just love the colors, the gorgeous linen-like feel of the base cloth, and that giant bee. I'm planning a quilt with nice, big blocks -- and lots of solids -- to feature this line.
I'm also a big fan of Happy Mochi Yum Yum, Monica Solorio-Snow's newest line for Lecien. The colors are so vibrant and the prints so ... well, happy! What else would you expect from the Happy Zombie herself? I'm currently in full-on hoard mode of this line -- don't know what I want to make yet, but I want to be prepared when I figure it out.

Finally, although it's not even out yet, I simply cannot wait to get my hands on some of Lizzy House's new line, Outfoxed. To get me through the months until it's released, I've been getting my fix with some of Lizzy's Outfoxed embroidery patterns.

So if you guessed A your right!

3. What is your favorite sports team?
Well, I grew up in New York City, so I find myself rooting for the Yankees and the Jets ... but moving to North Carolina, as one might expect, has converted me from a pro sports fan to a college sports fan. I'm a UNC graduate so you can always find me cheering on my Tar Heels ... especially when March Madness rolls around, and even more especially any time they're playing Dook.
Correct answer was D!
4.  What publication are you involved in?



I hope that, by now, many of you are familiar with Fat Quarterly (http://www.fatquarterly.com). It's a completely digital e-zine created by modern quilters, for modern quilters. My fellow FQ team members (Katy Jones, Tacha Bruecher, and Brioni Greenberg) and I work hard to bring fun new patterns, activities, features and information to the modern quilting community. Aside from maintaining a very active blog, we publish a collection of patterns in a fun and easy-to-read electronic format four times per year (hence the "quarterly" in our name!)
The strength of Fat Quarterly is its authentic roots in the modern quilting community, and we invite all quilters everywhere to get involved in FQ in many different ways. Come on over and visit -- we'd love to see you there!
Those of you that said C...Bravo!
 
 
Now for some really exciting news...
The 5th question I asked John was
If you had to pick another FQ kit for the Fat Quarter Shop what fabrics would you use? But I couldn't figure out a good way to make it a multiple choice question so I saved it for a surprise! Here's what John came up with and the great news is that it is now a Fat Quarter Shop FQ kit! That's right this one question started the ball rolling for another kit! How cool is that? Here's a pic of it and here's the link so you can be among the first to buy it! and tell them Sha sent you.

If you are wondering which fabric is in this kit here's the list:





Now onto some other great news...
The winner of the Dquilt Dad FQ kit is...



33 Timestamp: 2011-09-09 13:35:28 UTC
Congrats Carolyn! I have emailed you. Thanks for playing along everyone!

Part 2 of the Designer Select series starts on Monday. I have some great guest bloggers set up and you will absolutely scream when you see what The Fat Quarter Shop is letting me giveaway next week!

Sha :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for featuring me in these fun posts, Sharon. I'll have to host you over on the Quilt Dad blog next! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so excited to be a winner! I do have to say that I failed the test horribly. LOL Thank you Quilt Dad for a great interview, and to Sha for hosting such a great giveaway. Oh, and I have to thank Mr. Random Generator, too! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)