Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Friendly Mini Quilt Along

I was talking with 2 of my twitter friends Tiffany and Carolyn and we decided to do a quilt along with the Key to My Heart pattern.
Tiffany and I were on the phone together picking out a pattern for this project and we both fell in love with Key to My Heart. At first we were both going to use Hometown for it and see how different they were, but then I remembered I had a jelly roll of Meadow Friends and decided to use that. Later that day I invited Carolyn to join us and use her jellyroll of Pips. Thus started the Friendly Mini Quilt Along.
I looked at my blog calendar and gave us a date that I would post the finished quilt tops or (hopefully) quilts. I started on mine yesterday, this quilt is so easy, it's definitely a Quilt in a Day if you have the time (I would think 4 hours max to finish the top). I am already 1/3 done and I only worked for 1 hour.
So if you have a jelly roll or 14 FQs waiting for a project please join us. The deadline for submission for the blog post is 1 week from today, September 18, 2011. The pattern is available as a PDF file so you could get started on it today. I would love to show at least 5 different quilts.

Come back tomorrow for the start of the Sweetwater Designer Select series.

Sha :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, friend! This is one of the "funnest" quilts I've ever made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, but not sure I would have the energy to get it done with a quilt along... but I do have a jelly roll. And I do have time... what are the guidelines for it...? I forget what my jelly roll is... but I've been looking for a "jelly roll pattern".

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)