Welcome to Valentines Week here at Craizee Corners! I thought I would live up to my name and really get 'Craizee' this week. I have some valentines projects to show you and in plenty of time to get your Valentine projects done.
And what would a special week be without a special way to win some wonderful V-Day fabric of your own? Fat Quarter Shop has graciously given me a FQ set of Darling Heart Garden to give away!
Isn't this fabric yummy? But this is not the only V-Day fabric that Fat Quarter Shop has, there's several other lines so be sure to check it out.
Today's V-Week project is a mug rug. I love mug rugs and I am in several swaps so this one will be going to someone special.
You will need
1 - 3 1/2" square white
2 - 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles each of dark pink, white, light pink and red. (Piece A)
4 - 2" squares of red
2 - 2" x 14" of red
1. Sew a red 2" square to 1 dark pink 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles (piece A). Press towards the dark pink. Repeat with 1 white, light pink and red. These will be called piece B.
Note - All seams are pressed away from the 3 1/2" square from now on. I finger pressed everything until the end.
2. Sew a dark pink piece A to one side of the White 3 1/2" square.
3. Sew the dark pink piece B, that you just made, to the adjoining side of the square.
4. Add the white piece A, starting at the red square point. Sew it to the same side as the dark pink piece A.
5. Add the White piece B the same way as in step 3.
6. Continue adding the other 2 sets of pieces until all 4 are added.
7. Press the mug rug now. Here's a pic of what the back should look like.
8. Now it's time to trim the mug rug. Line up the ruler 1/4" away from where the 2 pieces meet, which should be where the inside point is (where the seam ripper is pointing. Do this on both sides.
9. Sew a 2" x 14" red rectangle onto each long side. Start sewing with a 1" overhang so you have room to trim. Press
10. Trim the excess off of all diagonal corners. Use the corner of the square as a guide to make sure the angle is correct. Line up a line on the ruler with the bottom straight edge of the mug rug and line the right side edge of the ruler with the right side of the square. Trim all 4 pieces this way.
11. Quilt and bind as normal.
Now for the giveaway!
To win the FQ Bundle of Darling Heart Garden you must be a follower, but you do not get an entry for that, it's just a pre-requisite.
1. Go to the Fat Quarter Shop Valentines page and tell me which FQ set you like the best.
2. Tell me your favorite valentines memory.
There you go 2 ways to enter!
Entries will be accepted until Friday January 27th at 11:59 pm. Mr. Random will pick a winner on Saturday morning once my coffee has kicked in.
If you would like to tweet, facebook or blog about this I'd love it too. Spread the word...the more the merrier. Although I would love it if you helped me spread the word, you do not get an entry for it. You will get my thanks :)
Come back tomorrow to see another V-Week project.