Monday, October 24, 2011

Today Melanie from Above All Fabric is here to show you some of her wonderful projects that she made with Kate Spain fabric. From quilts to PJ's it is clear that she loves Kate Spain fabric as much as I do. 




When Sha asked who wanted to be part of Kate Spain month, I knocked people over to get in the front of the line. ;-) Kate Spain Designs + me = ♥♥ l.o.v.e. ♥♥ Seriously! And it appears I'm not alone!

Central Park Sudoku Quilt

Hi! My name is Melanie and I love Kate Spain fabric. (Along with all the other things she puts her designs onto!) And honestly, I don't want help. I'd like to keep on lovin' if that's alright with you!

Central Park Quilt

As it so happens, I will be giving some quilts this Christmas that feature Kate's fabric. This fun quilt is actually a Sudoku board. 9 fabrics from her Central Park collection. One of each in each row, column and square. The back is minky and it's just so luscious. (Plus I love that I didn't have to piece a back! Yay for 60 inches wide!!!) I know the person I'm giving this to will love it!

Terrain Quilt Top

And here is a terrain quilt top that practically put itself together. :-) I used this awesome free pattern from Moda's Bake Shop. It requires one layer cake and two charm packs (I sell both!) It's currently away being quilted. I can't wait to get it back!! I will certainly share it again on my blog!

Now to be honest, I actually usually sew children's clothing, not quilts....and Kate's fabric is amazing for that as well! These pajamas are made with her wonderful (seriously....WONDERFUL) flannel.

Terrain Pajamas

These will be available as a kit by the end of the week (with just the pants as an option as well!) And let me tell you...everyone NEEDS new jammies for Christmas! That is a fact!

Alright, alright - I'll get to the real stuff! Here is a video for you on how to make a blanket that binds itself! The minky is awesome for these- or flannel! Oh....I should make some with that wonderful Terrain Flannel!!! In the video I used a print from her Central Park collection! Too cute!

Magic Binding Blanket

(You can download the PDF here.)

I'm so glad that I'm not alone for my love of Kate Spain fabric! I hope you'll visit me soon!!! I have some pretty big things that will be going on over the next 2 weeks! So check in with me. :-)

Oh yeah...you can find me on.....
my blog
my shop
flickr...which will continue to have lots of Kate Spain projects, I am certain!
Plus on twitter and facebook too!

Thanks Melanie for sharing those great ideas and the video. I think I will attempt to make some PJ bottoms soon, sometime after Quilt Market :)

Speaking of Quilt Market, if any of you are going please let me know, I would love to meet you.

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Melanie for the review and reminder of your awesome blanket tutorial. I'd forgotten about that and with a brand new Grandson who is about 8 weeks old now and a Granddaughter on the way I sure can use this.

    And you are definitely not alone in your love for all things Kate Spain! I adore every one of her fabric lines she's released since I began learning about fabric designers and not just buying my fabric from the big box stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't done anything like this yet, but, thanx, i've got your pdf toot, and will give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love Kate Spain too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys!!! It's all so fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed you here from YOUR blog Melanie ! as you know , probably , I LOVE Kate Spain also ! and I need to get busy on my central park and terrain stash ..................................thanks for the blanket pdf !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of them Melanie! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)