Saturday, February 4, 2012

Twister Quilt Along - the sample quilt

Yesterday I announced the Twister QAL and I am so thrilled that so many of you are going to join in the fun!

You motivated me to make my first twister quilt yesterday. I decided to try the smaller ruler first. It was so easy to make. Here's the quilt top. I did a 6x6 grid, the outside charms all were the same color. Then I added the green border after it was all put together.


The charm pack I used was Tend The Earth by Deb Strain and the solidish fabric is Painters Canvas by Michael Miller.

I am already hooked on this ruler...I can see lots of twisty quilts in my future.

Are you going to join me for this QAL? Here's the original post with all the info so far.

7 comments:

  1. How interesting Sharon, I just signed up for a class on this exact project with my quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my ruler and am scared to start. I figure once I get the first couple things sewn I will stop being scared.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard,they are so much fun,nothing to be worried about.

      Delete
  3. I've been doing 6x6 and a border.I cut the border when i cut the other blocks,they added another one or two borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great twister topper...good choice of fabrics!!
    I'd love to join in...I've already made several (including some runners) using the smaller one and posted them on my blog~
    http://iluvmybugs.blogspot.com/2011/10/lil-twister-halloween-table-topper.html and http://iluvmybugs.blogspot.com/2011/11/lil-twister-fall-table-runners.html
    I also have two even smaller size rulers that I can't wait to use.
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this sample quilt. It is good to know about it.

    sample forms

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)