Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tea and a tea recipe

Today I attended the United Forever Introductory Tea at Berry Patch Fabrics in Fort Worth. We will be doing a double block of the month club based on the book "Civil War Legacy" by Kaye England. I'm not sure what fabric I will be using but I am leaning towards black, white and red for the sampler quilt, what do you think? I want to keep it modern while learning different techniques and blocks. Anyone in North Texas should check out the club. Gail is a wonderful teacher and a delight to listen to.
At the tea they served scones and tea. The iced tea was delish and I was lucky enough to meet Martha Stookey who along with being a wonderful quilter is who the tea recipe is from. She has given me permission to share this recipe with you. This is a great tea for the next time you entertain.

Almond Tea

12 oz frozen lemonade
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar
4t almond extract
2t vanilla extract
4t instant tea

Mix the sugar and tea together.
Add the boiling water and stir well to dissolve the tea and sugar.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Then dilute the mixture with cold enough cold water to make 1 gallon

Let me know how it comes out for you!
Enjoy!

Sha :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you :)