The other day my son Bryan called and wanted to make his girlfriend dinner. He needs very simple recipes so we decided on shrimp scampi. After a few phone calls from the store he was home and ready to cook. That's when I remembered how easy most shrimp dishes are. Here's a recipe for one of my favorite ways to make shrimp. Since its getting to be grilling weather this is a great recipe to try.
Margarita Shrimp with Mango Basil Sauce
Large shrimp, peeled and deveined, as much as you need to make
Margarita mix, without alcohol
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
1 large basil leaves
1. 2 hours prior to cooking place the shrimp in a gallon size zipper bag.
2. Pour enough maragrita mix over the shrimp just to cover it.
3. Add the garlic and olive oil and mix it up in the bag, making sure the shrimp are coated well.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat the grill and skewer the shrimp.
6. Cook the shrimp till they are done, a few minutes per side. Shrimp should be pink all around.
7. While the shrimp is cooking peel the mango and cut into chunks. In a mini chop or food processor mix the mango and the basil leaves till smooth.
8. Serve the shrimp with the mango sauce.