Ever since then I have wanted to make my own Bloggers Choice kit, ask Kimberly, its been in several emails recently. Then Quokka Quilts announced this great contest! Laura, along with her helpers will be judging a contest to see who has picked out the best Bloggers Choice FQ kit. The winner will get a half yard bundle of their kit!
I immediately knew I had to join in the fun! This week I have been picking out fabric for my Mom's quilt. I am using the Urban Cabin quilt pattern by Atkinson Designs. She wants me to use pink, orange and yellow, so that's what colors have been on my mind this week. I will be using pale colors for Moms quilt, but you know me...I am all about bright colors. So I amped up my color choices and came up with this as my first Bloggers Choice FQ bundle.
1.Bella Solids Fuschia 9900-190
2. Bella Solidsa Yellow 9900-24
3. Bella Solids Orange 9900-80
4. Ooh La La Yellow Cercel De Fleurs DC5203-Yell-D
5. Veranda Sorbet Diamond Tiles 10392-239
6. Remix Garden Argyle Plaid 10392-238
7. Treasurers and Tidbits Orange Starburst and Florals 11000-8
8.Treasurers and Tidbits Marigold Large Floral 10993-129
9. Pinelope Yellow Woven Dot CF8006-1
10. I Heart Pink Diamond Dots C8172-Pink
11. Crazy For Dots & Stripes II Pink and Orange Stripes on White 8172-8
12. Crazy for Dots & Stripes II Pink and Orange Dots on White 8172-9
13. Urban Zoology Pink Staggered Owls 10348-10
14. Mimosa Orange Pop Floral Stella-14-Orange
15. Mimosa Orange Pop Ditsy Stella-15-Orange
I already know what I would make with this fabulous fabric. I have been wanting to make a zig zag quilt for a while and this is perfect for it. What do you think...too bright? or just right?